3/2/09

Baby News

I haven't been real good about keeping my blog updated these days. I've been going through a creative "slump". I'd love to add cute pictures with fun photoshop details or be really humorous (like Emily H, if you don't read her blog you should, it's always good for a laugh) but instead I'm just normal Buffy. That's good. I like "normal". However, I've been getting slack from friends and family who don't see me on a regular basis to update my blog with baby news.

Truth be told...I'm pretty tired of being pregnant! Big surprise. I have 11 days before my scheduled delivery date of March 13th!! YEA!!! I'm a big waddling duck right now. I say waddling because I have the most unusual pain in my groin that hurts whether I'm sitting, standing, or laying down and it makes me waddle when I walk. It's sooo pleasant! I just love it! I'm managing my gestational diabetes for the most part. Since I can't exercise anymore (see waddling duck comment) I'm eating! What else is a girl to do? I am taking medication to keep my blood sugar under control but part of that means that I actually have to eat properly. Like I said some days I do and some days I don't. On the days I don't, I'm usually sorry because I get pretty sick and icky feeling. However, a german chocolate cake ice cream from Cold Stone creamery is worth every sick feeling!!



Here I am at 6 and 1/2 months.



Here I am at 8 and 1/2 months! Look closely at my feet...lovely! :o)


I now know why I was going crazy nesting in the early months of my pregnancy. I had no idea that I'd barely be able to walk at the end but for what ever reason I went crazy getting everything ready months ago. Her crib has been put together since early December. I've been sewing and painting and washing and cleaning and organizing and... but nothing recently. I'm barely able to keep the house together! It was divine inspiration. Of course, I think it had a little to do with excitement too!

I was super blessed to have an amazing baby shower in February. There is another gal in my ward who is expecting a little boy 3 days after me. This will be her 3rd baby too! We'll both have two boys and a girl. It has been really fun to share being pregnant with someone. She's cute and fun and we have someone who really cares about our gripes...each other! The baby shower was overwhelming. I felt so blessed to have so many women want to come out and celebrate this baby. It was beyond fun to sit around with everyone and talk baby junk. Cassie and I have all kinds of coordinating outfits for our babies! Everyone said they really enjoyed shopping for two and felt like they were shopping for twins. They made sure we unwrapped our gifts from the same people at the same time. Fun, fun, fun. The food was delicious, the company was welcome, and the gifts were surprising. So nice to feel loved. :o)




Our family is just plain excited to welcome this little girl into our home! That's the best way to describe it. There isn't a single one of us that doesn't talk about it in some way every day. We are all dying of anticipation. What will she look like? What will her name be? (no we do not have a name...yet) etc.

Some friends and I are working on the finishing touches of her quilt. I've sewn the top and the back and it's currently on quilting frames getting hand quilted as we have the time. I've never hand quilted. I never had any idea how time consuming it can be, nothing that a little music can't cure. We're recruiting anyone we know to come over this week and help get it finished. I did however get her carseat quilt finished. I'm really happy with how it turned out (sorry no pictures, someday...). So basically it's time for her to get here!


Grandma making the first cuts

The first quilt block


The first two rows



Up on the frame!!

5 comments:

Puhlman said...

I LOVE that quilt. WOW. I am so excited for you to have a girl. I tell you....it is so much fun and yet dramatic too. My Rachel was born on the 13th. You know Buffy that is Friday the 13th right? Can't wait to see pics. I am going to be very impatient so tell Sam he has to update your blog soon after she comes. Good luck on finding the perfect name. It is not an easy thing at this house. Thankgoodness we have all our kids here. The girl names were the hardest and I actually just gave in with Rachel. I didn't really want that name but we couldn't agree on anything else and I was tired of thinking. I got to name our last daughter. I love her name. Mayah fits her perfectly.

Dave, Arielle, Grayson and Ashlynn said...

Soo excited for you- can't wait to see pics of your beautiful girl:)!!! Hopefully you feel better with your pain right after she is born:)

Mark and Tara Christiansen said...

I love the quilt. You are such an amazing homemaker. Mark asked me what my hobbies are right now and I said cleaning. Ü I think that the pain and discomfort at the end of our pregnancy is all in the plan. We'll do anything to get them out.Ü Am I right?

Leslie said...

Great post!!!

Holly said...

Buffy! This is Holly Badurek (plus Chris and Whitney). We want to say congratulations on an amazingly beautiful little girl! I LOVE the name Molly! And not just because it's close to Holly! =) She looks adorable and so healthy and perfect! You guys make an adorable family! And I also have to say that I LOVE the quilt you made for Molly. Do you have a good place to buy the Amy Butler fabric? (They are her fabrics, right?) I'm so in love with this quilt! Please post the carseat blanket pictures too! I can't wait to see them! We have a blog too, by the way. Email me at holiberi_3@hotmail.com for an invite if you're interested! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GORGEOUS LITTLE MOLLY!!!