2/21/09

In Honor of George Washington

Tomorrow is George Washington's birthday. Ask me how I know this? Because it's on our kitchen calendar of course...and because Ethan chose George Washington as his biography this month in 1st grade. We worked together to do the research, put together the index cards, edited the rough draft, and did the final draft. I was pretty impressed with how far a kid can come from starting Kindergarten to the middle of 1st grade! They were supposed to bring at least one visual aid. Ethan decided he wanted to use his "creative brain" and draw a picture of George. He spent lots of time drawing and then I helped him color it. It was pretty big. He said..."mom thank you so much for helping me color George, my hand gets really tired, and plus your coloring is much better then mine!" He also wanted a colonial hat, which I attempted and thought looked ridiculous but he was super excited to wear it while he read his biography. Not my best. :-) There was another little guy in his class who did a biography on Abe Lincoln and I got a cute picture of the two of them. Gotta love first graders!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'm totally diggin' George's britches!! Ethan is too adorable!