2/17/09

My Neighbors Ice Tree



We have the nicest neighbor. He created a beautiful ice tree for us to enjoy last week, and everyone who drove up our street. (It caused traffic mayhem for few days). I will say he is from California so that does half way excuse his stupidity.

We've had some pretty warm temperatures here in Colorado this winter. It's a little unusual to say the least and I guess my neighbor was afraid his newly planted trees would die from lack of water. Did anyone not teach him about dormancy? Despite our warm temperatures during the day it still gets below freezing at night. So one day last week, I noticed he had his sprinkler going and watering his yard. The next morning we had an absolutely gorgeous display of ice. It really was remarkable. There were people constantly pulling over to check it out. It actually stayed frozen for about 3 days and then I saw him and his wife out there with shovels and broomsticks knocking the ice off the trees. Hilarious.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of the ground. It was pretty cool looking too. Ryan got quite the kick out of trying to walk on the grass to get icicles off the tree.

No comments: