3/10/09

A lot of recent publicity....usually never good

I have been asked by people not of the LDS faith from time to time how I feel about the series "Big Love". I've never watched it, but I know enough about it to know that it's not something I am interested in watching or supporting.
There has been even more interest when it was recently announced that the series "Big Love" will be airing an episode that recreates the LDS Endowment or Marriage Ceremony that takes place within the walls of our sacred Temples. HBO claims to be using an "ex-mormon" as their consultant and feel there is nothing wrong with this re-enactment. I obviously disagree.
Other then that I don't give it much thought or energy. I found this to be a thoughtful and eloquent statement that represents my take on it and the Mormon/Media issue in general very well. If you have any opinions of LDS people in light of what you may have garnered from watching the show, or from recent media coverage, I encourage you to read it. If you are LDS, I encourage you to read it too. I have noticed that the Church through the years has pretty much always taken a "simmahdownnah" (simmer down now....classic SNL) approach regarding things hitting the fan. Simmahdownnah is pretty much always some solid advice I find.

1 comment:

Puhlman said...

I love what you said. And I read the article. I did email HBO about a week ago to let them know how I feel. The church will continue to prosper no matter how much garbage is out there. It surrounds us everywhere.

GOOD LUCK THIS FRIDAY. Very exciting.