3/6/08

Quote from Majorie Hinckley

I came across this quote today and it really hit home for me....I 100% agree (except maybe the part about the sports car, that would be nice LOL) with the late Sister Hinckley!

I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from
taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes
from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge
of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed
someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived!!
AMEN!! Nothing makes me happier then helping family, friends, and neighbors. I feel inspired by Sis. Hinckley's quote. What a wonderful woman!

1 comment:

shelly said...

This has always been one of my favorite quotes from Sis. Hinkley. Thanks for sharing it again. :)