4/13/09

Molly's First Easter...My First "Alone" Day



Yesterday was Easter! The Easter Bunny made a quick stop at our house and "pooped" jelly beans all over the house! (this is our family tradition) The boys eventually found all the poop. It was a cold and snowy day here at our house. We had a good 3 inches of yucky wet snow out on the driveway this morning. It was also the first day since Molly was born that I was 100% on my own. Sam is out of the country on a "business" trip. His mom was here last week to help me out but she flew out early Sunday morning (6 am) and so I was solely responsible for getting everyone up, dressed, and to church. The stars must have all been aligned because Molly woke up at 7:30 for her morning feeding. That meant I was able to start functioning at a reasonable time. I couldn't believe that I was able to get everyone ready for church on time. We had our Easter poop hunt, opened our baskets, took pictures....and I even showered for church! Amazing! However, later that afternoon I was feeling super tired so I layed down for a "short" nap. I slept through Easter dinner! I always like to fix a nice dinner on Sundays and we usually have friends or family over to eat as well. This Sunday I had planned something for just the boys and I and I slept right through dinner. So the boys had cold cereal for Easter dinner! Oh Well.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow! Good for you doing all that on your own. And you even took pictures?! Wow, I didn't even do that. And my husband was here. :)

Carrie and Spencer said...

Impressive..... You really are the best mom!! love you dear!!!

Holly said...

Easter cereal sounds perfect. You ARE a great mom! I can't get over how gorgeous Molly is!

The Cluff Family said...

I remember the first day after my mom left after Genna was born. It was scary, but I made it through. I'm sure your older boys are very helpful (well, I hope they are!)

Twinlinebackers said...

My raved about how gorgeous Molly is. She's right. What a pretty baby. Congratulations!!!!