12/10/07

The Christmas Spirit


Well it's that time of year! Our house is most definitely buzzing with the Christmas Spirit right now. The boys are super excited! I thought last year was fun but it looks like this year will be even more fun....(for mom and dad :-)

We took the boys to see Santa yesterday. They spent the afternoon drawing pictures and making their lists. Ryan spent the day singing Santa Clause is Coming to Town which is his new favorite song. (See video) Ryan went right up onto Santa's lap and explained everything on his list. It was fun to see Ethan still believing in Santa. It won't be long before he's in on the secret so I'm enjoying it while I can.

We of course are still focusing on the true reason for the season, our Savior. The boys enjoy listing to the scripture stories and often tell me what they've learned. It's refreshing to have children who enjoy the scriptures. Ethan said "Mom I know Jesus is really important but Santa is the bomb!" He's a crack up. You really just have to spend a short amount of time around Ethan before he says something hilarious.

I hope all of you are enjoying the wonderful Spirit that comes with this time of year....I know I am.

No comments: